Header Ads

Shakur Stevenson vs. Robson Conceicao: Stevenson failed to make weight

 

The unified champion Shakur Stevenson at 130 pounds no longer holds the WBO and WBC featherweight titles after missing weight ahead of his match-up with Robson Conceicao. 

Stevenson ended his time at 130lbs with a unanimous decision and lost the title before the fight after failing to put on weight. He had the chance to cut the last bit of weight after hitting the scale but chose not to do so. In addition, Conceicao is still eligible to claim both titles after winning. Stevenson already said on Twitter that he is no longer capable of 130 pounds: 

“I give it my all. I have been professional my whole career and put on weight, but my body just can’t make 130 anymore. My health has to come first, I am moving up to 135 in my next fight.”

However, Stevenson lost his WBO and WBC junior lightweight titles on the scales after missing weight for his fight with Robson. Still, he dominated the action in Newark, New Jersey, with a dominant, decisive victory in front of his hometown.  Read Full Article

No comments

Powered by Blogger.